Authorities are searching for an 18-year-old woman they say used a knife on another woman during an altercation Thursday afternoon.
At about y 5:25 p.m. deputies responded to 138 Mahogany Avenue in Andrews after receiving a report a woman had been cut by a knife.
Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said Laswana Gamble of Winyah Street in Georgetown was involved in a verbal argument with her cousin which escalated to the suspect pulling a knife out of her purse and attacking the victim who suffered multiple wounds.
The victim, whose name was not released, was transported to the Georgetown Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Gamble fled the scene and deputies have been unable to locate her.
If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of Gamble or any information regarding this incident, please contact the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at 843-546-5101.
Anonymous tips can also be sent by using Text-A-Tip, Just text the word “GCSOTIP” to 274637 and your message from any text enabled cell phone.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC